Heritage Centre - "The Winterton Story
The images above show the last Lifeboat House in Winterton, built in 1884 by local builders, Wm Hubbard, at a cost of around £600 provided by the RNLI. All that now remains is the concrete base, surrounded by the brick footings which supported the wooden building. We believe it was finally removed in around the 1950s-1960s. Unfortunately, we have reluctantly made the decision that it is no longer possible to use the site of the last Lifeboat House in the Dunes for our Heritage Centre though we intend to retain this as part of our display and more information signage will be provided.
A Planning Application was submitted to Great Yarmouth Borough Council in March 2018 for a site at the end of the Beach Car Park alongside the Fishermen’s Sheds. Unfortunately, this was REFUSED. We are now in consultations with a potential new partner regarding an alternative site within the village but these things take time to go through due process and we will update this page as soon as we have more definite news to report.
If you'd like to help ...
Join our Volunteers or make a donation - see How to Help page